Tuesday, May 30, 2023

Long weekend

It was the Reconciliation Day long weekend - it's a new-ish public holiday just in Canberra and always takes people by surprise. I went to the beach of course, with my husband and the cat this time, and it was lovely. Cold but clear and still and sunny. I went for lots of walks.

On Sunday morning I stood at the headland and looked down at these three blokes cooking themselves some bacon and eggs for breakfast. All perfectly fine, except that to get to that spot you have to either scramble down the cliff or bush bash round from the boat ramp. It's not hard - I've done it as part of a walk - but I've never done it with a folding table, chairs, cooker and food. Why have breakfast there? It's not even a good spot for rock fishing. It smelled good though.

Nothing exciting to report otherwise - no sewing was done. I filled the holes left from the removal of the old blinds and sanded and painted. Not perfect but you can't tell unless you are peering at them very very closely.

No comments:

Post a Comment