Monday, May 1, 2023

Beach time with Dad

I took Dad down the beach for a few days to potter about - he was determined to find a decent fishing spot and I wanted to get in the last swims of the season! Which I did, Wednesday to Friday were unseasonably warm, and then a huge wet front blew in on Saturday morning for cold heavy rain. This is Thursday, when it was 26 degrees and sunny. 

My swims were probably better than Dad's fishing, but I did go with him to a few places I hadn't been before - there's a breakwater at the other end of the long beach where the big river comes out. Quite spectacular, but no decent sized fish apparently, despite a couple of hours effort. Not by me, I think fishing is boring, but fresh fish is delicious.

Nothing exciting or productive was done by me - a few crosswords, some gentle shopping - we gave up first thing Sunday because it was so cold and miserable and drove back to Canberra to put the fire on! Dad is travelling back to NZ today where it is also cold and rainy... here is an arty shot of reflections. I could never paint that.

No comments:

Post a Comment