Thursday, May 4, 2023

Quick trip to Melbourne

Dad left Monday morning and I went down to Melbourne on Monday afternoon for a couple of days for work. I didn't get much of a chance for sightseeing but did catch up with number two for dinner and hear all the news. I also saw his flat, which is great, and met one of his flatmates, who is lovely, so that's very reassuring for me :) He showed me the vegetables in the fridge too, so I'm very impressed. 

We went to a delicious Lebanese restaurant for dinner, then around the corner to a literal ice-cream warehouse for dessert (Melbourne! so cool) and a tram back into town. Above is a very uncool road selfie (trying not to get run over by a tram). I offloaded a bag of quilts that I'd brought down because he'd been feeling the cold and all in all it was a delightful catch up and I heard about the studies and the parties and the shows and the friends. 

Work went well too - although I got rained on every time I stepped outside. Melbourne's weather cliché is 'four seasons in one hour' and it's TRUE. Sunny when I was inside and a rain explosion whenever I left a building. Here is the sky over the bowls club, waiting for my lunch break.

1 comment:

  1. Aww, lovely. I wouldn't mind going to Melbourne, if it were only on a train route from Scotland.

    ReplyDelete