Saturday, May 20, 2023

Abstract April - flowers and fruit

On the more representational side of abstracts we have flowers and occasional fruit. A bit of Mondrian, a bit of Matisse?  I like my pear, it looks like it is sitting in a bed of chicken feathers, which is not at all what I intended. It is slightly the wrong shape and colour for a pear.

Here we have some poppy type arrangements and a butterfly with too many wings. 

A vase of perhaps roses. Apparently this is very cool if you paint it big - scale is an important part of abstracts apparently - this is 7 x 9 inches. The smoodgy stripes are intentional. 

This one is a bit of a splodgy mess. I am not doing well with solid chunks of colour, I don't have the brush control. And my white Posca pen is too pale. But I'm still having fun.



1 comment:

  1. I particularly like your pear, though admittedly have never seen one quite this colour. But it looks delicious. Gosh, it looks very summery with you, though it's... [thinks]... the equivalent of a November in Britain. It doesn't look like that here in November!

    ReplyDelete