Wednesday, May 24, 2023

Stretchy dress

In between walks on the weekend I made a dress - first for a while. I tend to either swim or sew, not often time for both on a short weekend. So it turns into more of a winter thing. I used my christmas scissors again and they were still amazing! The result was a very simple swing dress in a border print knit that I've had for a while.

Terrible photo into the sun but you get the idea. Highly black and work-appropriate.

This is me trying to show that it does swirl a little bit without also stepping on the cat. Who was quite interested.


This is the pattern - N6618 - despite the tech drawings it isn't longer at the back then the front. I think they did that to show the sewn-in ties pull to the front? Maybe? I didn't make the sewn-in ties, just a separate belt, and the length is definitely the same at the front and the back. Anyway there is no shaping, so it was a very easy sew and EXTREMELY easy to wear because it's so loose-fitting. Basically just a bit tshirt with a bit of colour at the hem. Nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment