I kept going with the green that I used with the green and blue in the last scarf - it is 30% angora and 70% acrylic. So I thought I would dye it - knowing that most of it won't take a dye. I used red dye, and ended up with brown, which I expected.
I hadn't expected that the core would be green but all the wraparound fuzzy bits would be red, although if I'd thought about it for two seconds I probably could have figured it out. The yarn used to tied the skein up was white, so that's the colour of the red dye on its own.
I put it together in a sort of herringbone. There are four green, four brown, on the warp, and two green, two brown on the weft. So it is kind of a squished herringbone. It looks quite pretty, but it is unfortunately super scratchy. The wool on the ball feels quite soft, but the woven cloth is coarse and itchy. I still have some of the alpaca left but I might need to weave it together with something really soft to minimise the feel of it.
And yes Pam I did do quite a bit of actual purchasing in my damp outlet shopping! A couple of shirts, a pair of jeans, a jumper and a lovely handbag. Actually it's a man bag but so practical ... can be worn across the body and big enough to take an A4 folder. I don't have a lot of time for prissy lady bags, although at least this man bag is a lovely cobalt blue. It was expensive but all my plastic Jakarta handbags are finally wearing out, so I thought it was time to get a non-plastic one. Like a proper grown up.