Wednesday, May 10, 2023

Oh dear

It's budget week here, which is exciting for parliamentary and financial types but not really anyone else. There is a fair amount of work that goes on behind the scenes and even though I am not in any way responsible for anything, it feels busy compared to the past few quiet weeks. Which is my excuse for getting halfway from the carpark to my office at 8.15 this morning and realising this.

Yes, those are my slippers on the parliamentary carpet at the end of my highly suitable parliamentary blacks. I realised as I was coming up in the lift and said 'oh fuck' out loud, which didn't startle anyone in the lift at all, because budget week, there's a lot of swearing. But then I had to stroll through the long long corridors pretending nothing is wrong and OF COURSE these are perfectly normal shoes and not size 8 Grosby men's slippers in navy herringbone. 

I was in full panic until I found my back-up flats (from when I used to wear heels sometimes that would hurt my feet) ... I did not have time to go home and change before my first meeting so was planning to invent a foot injury and FAKE LIMP all day ... don't judge, that was the best I could come up with. 

1 comment: