Wednesday, May 17, 2023

Last of the autumn leaves

I did my usual big walk on Sunday - the first time for a long time and I was POOPED by the last stage, staggering up the hill. It was a beautiful day for it though, with lots of people out and about for Mother's Day. Picnics and brunches mostly. 

The autumn leaves are just about done but it is still looking lovely. Look at all those Canberrans doing Canberra-like things. Frolicking by the artificial lake, built for the recreation of upright citizens. Like me.

We don't fuss about things like Mother's Day, but one of my children remembered to text, which is nice, and my husband was in Manila all last week for work and had brought me back chocolate. And we then went round to friends for a Eurovision party, so all in all a very good day! I can't believe that weird Swedish lady in a box won. At least the Australian entry didn't disgrace itself (odd, but not too odd, it's all you can hope for). Why is Australia in Eurovision? NO ONE KNOWS

No comments:

Post a Comment