Thursday, June 1, 2023

More abstract landscapes

I'm still abstracting away. Here are a little clutch of landscapes, although I don't think this first one is anywhere anyone has ever been. The person is supposed to be an actual person, in some kind of fantasy landscape, but I've gone aliens again. This was not deliberate, I made the head too big and couldn't figure out how to change it. I tried to make the legs longer to compensate but it ended up wearing pantaloons. So I have an alien in jodhpurs, which is fine. And my forward rocks all look like crocodiles.

Here we have a waterfall. I like to think that every painting has something that works but I'm struggling a bit with this one. Maybe the sad near-dead shrubs on the right hand side? it is certainly very abstracted, and not at all realistic. I like the proportions, there, that's something. Again, this took AGES as I painfully added little blobs here and there.

And here we have a storm at sea. Not, as my husband suggested, a wave crashing down onto some trees, it is meant to be all wave. I don't hate the sky in this, it gives windy and a few clouds. The wave is a bit alarming, certainly not something you'd want to see on a boat. 

And this isn't really a landscape, just an idea of flowers. And dribbles (definitely deliberate! Except for the horizontal line, that is because I did EXACTLY the thing the teacher said not to do and dried it with a hairdryer ... blowing a very odd horizontal line across the page. But it's abstract so it's FINE)

1 comment:

  1. I think I like the waterfall best, particularly where the water crashes at the bottom. We have lots of waterfalls in Scotland (it rains here) so I feel that I'm an expert.

    ReplyDelete