Tuesday, June 6, 2023

Definitely winter

A quiet weekend this time - cloudy and a bit wintry. The ongoing decluttering continues ... with mixed success. I went through my bedside drawers and threw away many many receipts. Most of them were completely blank - they had been in there so long that the thermal paper had faded to illegibility. I figure I'm not returning any products from those receipts now so I could chuck them all! Along with single earrings, broken junk jewellery, twenty pens that don't work and broken off lip balm. 


Thursday night I went with a couple of friends for dinner and to see Kitty Flanagan who was very funny. Absolutely the middle-aged lady demographic and jokes but guess what! I find that both relevant and amusing. I am peak demographic though, I ran into several people I knew. Saturday night we went round to friends for a delicious dinner, so Sunday morning was a long fat walk in the cold and damp. The leaves are very pretty against a grey sky, but I certainly didn't take my jacket off. 


I also turned out the laundry cupboard, consolidated half-empty bottles of random things, threw away stubs of candles and put a box of 100 tea-light candles on the local buy nothing group. Several people wanted it, which surprises me. I am also surprised that we owned a 100-box of tea-light candles. Nobody wanted the three dozen party sparklers we have accumulated so I might just go into the backyard and light them. Hah.

No comments:

Post a Comment