Sunday, June 11, 2023

Acrylic April completed!

Here is the last Acrylic April Attempt ... I have enjoyed this daily painting challenge very much, even though it took me until June. I have already started on Acrylic April 2020! Luckily all the videos are on Youtube. I have found that the paint-along format of an hour's video (although it takes me three hours, pause, erase, re-paint, pause, play) is easy to do in the evenings and the Art Sherpa has an excellent teaching style. All faults in the  paintings are mine, not hers.....

This one is inspired by Basquiat, and we looked at the power of half-erasing by scribbles or painting over, and words, and showing your drawing lines. And of course the odd face here and there. Can't say I love it but it's good to think about the intention behind all artistic choices.

No comments:

Post a Comment