Thursday, June 8, 2023

Abstract animals

So the Abstract April included a few animals. Or abstractions of animals. First up is I think my favourite painting of the whole lot - a fish. Or rather an abstraction of fish, before Dad starts commenting about dorsal fins. It is the Idea of Fish. Swimming (angrily) in the Idea of Water. I did not like this one until about the last few minutes when it all came together and looked fish-like. I am going to varnish it and hang it up in the beach house to inspire my husband to catch fish.

The colourful horse is less successful. The proportions are wrong, it looks a bit chubby in the face. Maybe it's a baby horse? or a baby miniature horse? I like the colours though, and the eye. We got to do a bit of palette knife work in the background, that is always fun.

And we did an owl. This is just odd. I tried to get the pinfeathers looking feather-like but it just looks like two-day stubble. Hmmm.


1 comment:

  1. Squint and the fins are all there this time. I love it. I think the horse is great, too. It has attitude.

    ReplyDelete