Thursday, August 4, 2022

Wintry weekend

Saturday was cold and clear and Sunday was cold and rainy! Luckily I got my walk in on Saturday, and it was very pleasant. The poplars always look very wintry and stark ... but the skies were blue. On Sunday we went to the bus depot markets and bought some unnecessary Turkish bread and zucchini balls, then basically sat by the fire for the rest of the day. And played with the kitten. 

I wore my new wide leg jeans that I wasn't sure about to the markets, as a test, and they were very comfortable. I felt a bit odd and flappy after a decade in skinny jeans but the comfort outweighed it and my husband said I didn't look stupid at all (he is very unreliable on appearance, thinks everything looks good, which is lovely but not helpful). Gee my sewing room is even messier than usual.

We put some bird seed on the ground for the little birds, who can't fight off the big parrots on the feeder. 

The kitten LOVED it. She stayed still with that fixated stare, just watching them hop about. They are about her size, so god only knows what she would do with one if she caught it. But high in entertainment value (for her and us).


And then the rest of the day was like this. She has discovered the chair closest to the fire, and likes it.

No comments:

Post a Comment