Monday, August 8, 2022

Speedy weekend

After two full-on sitting weeks I had a weekend at the beach - it was very lovely but went unbelievably quickly. I sewed two shirts, went for a walk, read a book, ate cauliflower cheese and that was it! Done. It was sunny but cold and a bit windy. Nice weather for walking and for the keen surfers (and toddlers).

The annual hard waste collection is happening this week - is that an Australian thing? I don't remember anything like it when I was growing up in NZ. Once a year the council will collect up to two cubic metres per household of hard rubbish from the roadside; so everyone clears out the big things that won't fit in the wheelie bin. It is also the opportunity to cruise along the street and basically furnish your house for free if you're not too fussy, with plenty of surfboards and the occasional bike. I thought about grabbing these chairs but we don't really need them. 

I put out various things myself, including the trusty cane hutch that we purchased for $5 from the previous owners ... the list of furniture we bought had a few $5 items although they might have charged $20 for the fridge. Love it. Anyway between me putting out the hutch at midday and leaving to go home at 2.30 it had vanished - off to delight another family. It was a solid unit so happy it has another life! No-one wanted my old speakers or the broken boogy boards from Kmart. 

No comments:

Post a Comment