Saturday, August 6, 2022

Pointy-nosed people doing things

More from the Sarah van Dongen course - these are all line-for-line copies of her illustrations, so no creative input from me, just trying to grapple with the ideas.

Mixed media is rather fun. I can do backgrounds, add in the detail with colour pencils, then smoosh it up with watercolours (or watercolour pencils), and marker pens add harder edges if that is what I feel like. It gives options when you don't have control over any of your media properly ... looking at you watercolour. 

I like this lady by the pond. I like the face - yes, I know it's two dots and a line, but still - and the body has the right shape for what it is doing, for once.

Ordinary people, everyday things. I quite like it. The next step is to do self-portraits of us doing things we do ... hmmmm. I think these four probably cover the entire spectrum of my activity.

No comments:

Post a Comment