Wednesday, August 17, 2022

Ate a lot, exercised

Friday night we went out to dinner with friends, then had an 8-hour lunch on Saturday with other friends, so Sunday I went for a Very Long Walk. The lunch was a Greek-themed Christmas in July, to which we contributed roast chicken (it is Greek, if you marinate it in garlic, lemon and olive oil) and it was all extremely delicious. The wine was not Greek, which is just as well.

Here is wintry gusty Canberra. Some of the daffodils and blossoms think it might be spring but I don't know about that. I had no urge to take my jacket off.

These dining domes are popping up at fancy restaurants at the moment. I quite like the idea, but it seems a bit exposed. I am a fully grown 50-something woman and if I saw people dining in there I would want to press my face up against the outside of the plastic with my tongue out and make gestures. Is that just me? How would you resist? If I'd had a few wines I don't think I would be able to stop myself.

1 comment: