Saturday, July 30, 2022

Pointy-nose people

 I'm doing a really good Domestika course by Sarah van Dongen who is an illustrator. She draws people doing normal things, with detailed backgrounds and a full range of mixed media, and I'm really loving it. She says there is always something to draw even if you're cooking dinner ... as evidenced by some cool drawings of her cooking dinner! Anyway she tends to do pointy-nosed people doing day to day things, so I now have pages of pointy-nosed people doing day to day things too.


In the one above you can see another of the blotted line drawings on the right. I did about five of the doing-the-finger guy to try and get the face right. 

If you want to have a busy scene then you need to have objects, so we drew a raft of objects that might go in your rooms. Sewing rooms, in my case.

Lots of fun. I had to buy some marker pens, but so far am resisting the gouache crayons, the water-soluble markers, the water-soluble crayons, the brush markers and the really expensive colour pencils. Even though they are all quite lovely and I'm sure if I had more of these I would be a better artist. 

1 comment: