Sunday, July 20, 2014

The Saturday walk

It was minus 2 overnight on Saturday, so on Saturday morning we got in the car and drove up and up and up for about 50 minutes to do a walk in the hills. It was crispy cold, with snow just above where we were and frost in the valleys. And it was wet and mossy with rivers and waterfalls - most unlike our usual walks.


Some of it was a bit of a scramble which I don't like AT ALL. I like to be able to look around and not have to watch my feet; I am very unco-ordinated and un-surefooted. Tentative-footed. But it was lovely deep in the bush and miles away from anything ... just what I needed after a very busy week.


1 comment:

  1. Slightly different from Vanuatu, which I had to look up on the map.

    How come you go to all those exciting places? Your life is unbelievably glamorous.

    ReplyDelete