Wednesday, June 2, 2021

Beach again

Another long weekend, another three days at the beach! Saturday and Sunday were cold and windy but Monday was beautiful, so I went for a lovely long swim. The water temperature was cool, but not as icy as it will be in October, and best of all there was Dangerous Surf. 


Certainly from the headland it looked very dangerous. Hard to tell from a still photo but the swell was massive, the waves were crashing and there were quite a few people just standing up there watching! Apparently caused by a low off New Zealand - very big waves all up the east coast.

Dangerous translates to 'mildly interesting' on our sheltered beach so I very much enjoyed the swim and caught some fabulous waves. I made a dress on Saturday and half a shirt on Sunday before I realised that it was going to be AWFUL and stopped sewing. Honestly, sometimes you realise it is just irretrievable and it's time to go and read a book. I felt a bit bad about binning it but it wasn't expensive fabric and it's better just to ditch it than have it hanging about making everyone sad for the next forty years.

There were lots of very happy puppies about and I patted as many as I could, and that was my weekend. 

1 comment: