Sunday, June 6, 2021

Another sack dress

Before I failed at making a shirt down the coast I did successfully sew another sack dress off the same pattern as the rayon blue and black one. It is not actually a sack - it has a raglan sleeve - but it's loose and unfitted and comfortable.

That is a terrible photo but I was ready for work and couldn't be bothered doing anything fancier. And it's not like anyone needs to see the seams because there are no seams, which is the whole point! Just a triangle. Perhaps less crap in the background might help? But that is the honest state of my sewing room, sue me.


I got the material from the most recent craft de-stash sale at a local church. It cost $5, appears to be some kind of lightweight poly/cotton blend (yarn dyed and doesn't crumple) and is perfect for this dress, which I was very happy to wear. It is a bit colours of the woodland but after wearing black and white like a penguin for all the parliamentary sitting days it is nice to branch out. 

1 comment:

  1. It's lovely. And I love how you don't tidy up for pictures. I won't sue.

    ReplyDelete