Friday, June 11, 2021

Pinned up a quilt

I don't think I've shown this quilt at any stage of its construction - but here is a shot when I was pinning it up on the weekend. Ongoing theme of solids - lots and lots of colours - in a reasonably traditional layout. I don't know what this block is called. When you do it in restrained colours (and use the same colours in the same spots in each block) it makes an interesting secondary pattern ... but I thought it was a bit boring. So went completely scrappy.

No dog 'helping me' with the pinning this time :(

And now on to the quilting. Because it's all the same size squares I've gone for the grid-based 'kites' again. Easy!

3 comments:

  1. OH I love your quilt! I too am making a solid fabric quilt. Great fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I might have to put dibs on that one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I must try a solids one, or as we'd call it, self-colour. But I wouldn't quite have the courage to go as bright.

    ReplyDelete