Monday, June 21, 2021

Super-chilled weekend

This weekend was a much needed do-nothing weekend ... the usual chores of course but nowhere that we had to be. I had intended to tackle the mountain of dirty washing on Saturday morning but it was incredibly windy and our power went out at about ten. Bummer! We have power outages very infrequently but when we do it is almost always because of wind in the trees. Three suburbs were out so I figured it would take a while to fix and went for a long walk. 

I consciously tried to pick up my pace (from 'amble' up to 'stroll') and did the normal route in two hours 50 minutes, which is about 20 minutes quicker than last time. Which shows that it's possible, so I'll keep trying to speed up, and that should make it more like proper exercise than just an excuse to get out of the house. And give enough time for the power to come back on.

There was an enormous flock of sulphur-crested cockatoos in one of the parks I walked through. Hundreds and hundreds of the noisy bastards. I tried to get a photo of them all taking off at once, but really the only way to do it is by running shouting into the middle of them with your camera ready ... and I think that would be Frowned Upon by other park-goers. They are large, squawky menaces but spectacular when they all take to the wing.

The rest of the weekend was filled with excitement such as taking number-two for the very first driving lesson (did very well, calm and collected (both of us)), finishing the binding on the latest solids quilt, picking up a week's worth of clothing strewn across the floor and dyeing a fair bit of fabric. I also took a photo of my cardigan drawer - according to this blog I first kon-mari'd it in June 2016 and I have kept it like this with the cardies all rolled up ever since. It is awesome, and a wonderful way to store them. A neat drawer gives me a sense of satisfaction. Just the one though, don't want to go crazy, the other drawers look like they've been stirred with a stick.

1 comment: