Wednesday, June 16, 2021

Beachy beach-face

Another long weekend - Queen's Birthday - means another couple of days at my favourite beach. Saturday was cloudy and I went for a drive to see some places where we might live when we retire. I veer between absolutely-miles-from-anywhere-no-people-in-view to sensible-small-cluster-of-habitation-close-to-town. I don't know where we'll end up, retirement is not happening in the immediate future, but it's nice to day dream. Sunday was a beautiful sunny day and I went for a good long swim. I think the water temperature has dropped five degrees in two weeks ... and it will keep dropping until November. 

But it didn't stop my happy swimming. It's just the difference between getting out because you're tired and getting out because you can't feel your toes. There was a decent swell that kept me occupied but not much wind, so perfect.

I did some sewing that was mostly unsuccessful. Not in the making or the fitting, just in the production of things that I will probably never wear. Because I just make what I feel like sewing for the fun of it - rather than with the aim of making a wearable garment - then I end up with some strange end results. This is compounded by my habit of buying fabric because I like it as fabric, and not because I want to make something in particular from it. I will post photos of them all at some point. Normally I wait until I wear something to take a photo but with these ones? Probably never going to happen.

1 comment: