Friday, June 25, 2021

Cognac in the espresso

Here is the scrappy solids quilt that I finished the binding on over the weekend. It is very scrappy! I did not plan any of the colours, as you can probably tell, just whatever came first out of the bucket. Or off the shelf, I had to go to yardage in the end as I used up the big scraps. 

I took the photos this morning before work ... it was a rainy morning and the sun wasn't properly up. The light looks very blue! The towels on the back are dripping wet.

I'm not sure if this is a traditional block. I know that if you are careful about colour placement then you get a very strong secondary pattern, and I think there's a version where the alternate squares are the same rather than scrappy which looks more coordinated. If I cared I would do a reverse image search ... but I don't. It's triangles and squares, what more do you need to know?

At least those squares make it easy to do a regular 'kite' quilting pattern, that was very fun to do. Now I just have to pin and quilt the next one before I get too distracted with the current solids I'm doing out of the scrap bucket! It was still very full....

2 comments:

  1. Hi Lynley -go the scrap! Don't know the name of this block either but I love your scrappy version - looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You make it sound very easy but I would have to think hard to achieve this.

    ReplyDelete