Friday, June 18, 2021

Fog

Goodbye sunshine, hello fog ... Canberra winter mornings at their finest. This was the dim spectre of Parliament House as I walked up from the overflow carpark yesterday morning. It is a parliamentary sitting week so foggy mornings, shouty days, late nights and not much else. 

Exam and assignment stress is over for number one for this semester, which is lovely, and number two is nearly on holidays as well. The government has decided not to give the astra zeneca vaccine to those aged between 50 - 59 because of the blood clot risk - except for those of us who have already had the first dose (i.e. me) you'll be fine to get the second, off you go. However those of us who haven't quite got round to having the first dose yet (i.e. husband) have had their appointments cancelled and will have to wait until there is a pfizer dose available. It is a freaking dog's breakfast.

I am still trying to figure out the portrait settings on my new phone. Here I am looking perplexed. It is a very clear photo - with interesting depth of field - of me looking perplexed, but not quite what I was going for. At least it's Friday ... last night I completely gave up, we had chinese takeaway for dinner and I spent the entire evening on the sofa in front of the fire watching bizarre factoids and Korean dance moves on Tiktok. 

1 comment: