Monday, July 31, 2023

Two weeks holiday

We have been on a two-week holiday up to Brisbane and back to see my husband's family. We took a few days to drive up and see some places we hadn't been before. It's nothing spectacularly exciting, but we had fun. I am going to recount it in great detail on this blog because my memory is shocking ... a dozen times this trip my husband would say "don't you remember? We stopped here for afternoon tea with the kids in 2006, there was a homeless guy behind the public toilets and a seagull stole your biscuit" and I would recall NOTHING. So I am going to record what we did here, for future trips.


This could be main street, anywhere, regional Australia. It's actually Canowindra, which has some very interesting bushranger stories, and a nice bacon roll for lunch.


We spent the first two nights at Coonabarabran in an airbnb house that was rather adorable with bits untouched since the 1950s. We did airbnb the whole way and ended up in very random places - so much nicer than a motel room and much the same price. 


We did a beautiful walk in the Warrumbungles - only a few km but pretty much straight up. Wonderful view of course but this is our red little faces at the end ... happy but hot. 


After the walk we visited the Siding Springs Observatory which was another wonderful view, and some good displays. Not many people there on a cold July day. You can actually see the telescope in the distance on the photo from the walk above, so I took a photo looking back the other way, to see where we had been. It's lovely, but I can't tell which particular ridge we walked up. It felt like the very tippy top one but I don't think it was.

1 comment:

  1. That all looks lovely. Oh so foreign to my eyes, though we're also having a cold July day (which isn't supposed to happen here...).

    ReplyDelete