Thursday, July 20, 2023

Basic as dress

I sewed this a couple of weeks ago down the coast and wore it to work - boring and basic but also comfortable and patterned! Very unflattering - if I make this pattern again I might bring it in a bit through the body - but at this point who cares. 



I'll use this pattern again, it's nice and straightforward and very wearable. And it matches my new phone cover! I finally spent some money instead of just buying the cheapest case at the dollar shop and got a proper Otter box. Not only is it much prettier but now my phone bounces when I drop it.


It was McCalls 7948 although I didn't do a tiered skirt, just one drop. I thought about doing a circle version but decided not to (couldn't be arsed doing maths) just gathered a straight piece onto the waist. This rayon is light enough that it wasn't too bulky. I bought it on deep discount from a shop in Brunswick when we were dropping number two at uni 18 months ago. Seems like a lifetime! I haven't dared go back to the fabric shops there, it was so tempting and so cheap.



1 comment:

  1. I love that dress! Also your angry chicken. I think chickens probably have quite a lot to be cross about, but that hat would not have helped his mood.

    ReplyDelete