Sunday, July 9, 2023

Bad landscapes

The next couple of paintings in Acrylic April 2020 are landscapes ... and I do not think these are currently my forte. First up a tropical sunset, that looks like the world is about to end. Or perhaps a five year old painted this, could go either way. Those clouds are just wrong, the splashy waves are wrong too and the scale is completely off. The palm trees are OK but palm trees are very easy to suggest - the brain fills in anything you leave out. But what is that grass at the bottom? Is it eight feet high? The teacher's painting looks much better than this, it is not a fault in the design but in the student.

And next is a lavender field in a sunset. This is not so apocalyptic, but I am still not 100% sure it is exactly true to life. Have I been in any lavender fields at sunset? No I have not. This might be why I am better at wine bottles. 

No comments:

Post a Comment