Friday, July 14, 2023

More sorting

Another part of the sorting-out-and-throwing-away weekend was going through the linen and embroidered things that have been piling up a bit. I tend to rescue them from family and friends (and op shops if needed) without really thinking about it, so it was time to sort through and let some things go. It's a bit sad for handmade items but some of the older things are so badly stained that I don't think I'll be able to remediate them. I did have a 'hopeful' pile though, where I will try various washing techniques to see if I can bring them back to life.

I kept anything that looked familiar from my childhood, or that was beautiful workmanship, or that I just liked. Or that I made myself!!! Check out these dodgy owls. I've shown the little people before, this is from a similar time, I must have been going through a phase. Also beautifully edged by my very patient grandma.

1 comment:

  1. I have several traycloths, embroidered by me as a girl. You're probably too young to have done this, but when I was a young woman, we put one of these on a tray when serving afternoon tea/morning coffee to a friend. Now... not so much. What to do with them...?

    ReplyDelete