Monday, July 17, 2023

The angry chicken

Acrylic April 2020 continues on with a really pissed-off chicken. It's not meant to be angry, it just turned out that way, and I couldn't figure out how to change it. I am not sure how the world disappointed a chicken so badly but I feel for it. The last thing we were supposed to do was paint on an adorable little flower hat but I just did not do that. I thought this chicken would not appreciate it.


And then there were some strawberries - this did not turn out at all. The middle of my strawberry looks like someone vomited a strawberry Magnum into the hand basin ... and how do I have such a vivid mental picture? Because number one DID THAT many years ago and I am still scarred. It certainly doesn't look like a freshly cut ripe strawberry which is what we were aiming for. The leaves are odd too.


But lastly we have some European bee-eaters, which are quite cool. The best thing about this painting is that the Art Sherpa didn't know what they were "are they kingfishers? They look like kingfishers..." but when I showed my husband my finished painting (I always do that, he is very kind) he said "wow!!! European bee-eaters!!!!" which I had never even heard of. So we googled them, and what do you know, not only are they definitely European bee-eaters but we found the reference picture she must have used here .... they sound like quite fascinating little birds, I am pleased to have painted them.

No comments:

Post a Comment