Friday, May 24, 2024

Random paintings

Here is a collection of random paintings that I do when I see YouTube tutorials or TikToks that catch my eye. I do not think it is a good way to learn, but sometimes, after a day at work, you just want to paint a page of eggs.

Or chickens - although to be honest I did this on Norfolk Island where there are random chickens EVERYWHERE. I wanted to try and capture them but only got this far. Definitely less is more with chickens.

I am pleased with the face of this bird but the body shows that I manifestly do not understand a bird's anatomy. At all. There are different types of feathers apparently, and you should paint them differently. Thank you Denise Soden, I enjoyed the tutorial but cannot see the attraction of wildlife painting.

Here are some 'proper' watercolour efforts that are a bit more painterly. Not so great.





2 comments:

  1. I think the bird is particularly fantastic. It looks great to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And the chickens and the eggs.

    ReplyDelete