Tuesday, September 28, 2021

Nothing to say, but when have I ever?

The boringness of lockdown meanders on. We have a pathway forward now (NOT a roadmap, other states have roadmaps, we have a PATHWAY) which sets out when we can do useless activities like gyms and hairdressers and mentions NOTHING about important things like when Lynley can get to the beach! Bastards.

We picnicked on Saturday afternoon (wine and cheese to watch the sun go down) which was lovely to see friends but freezing when the cold front came through. But we had jumpers and we sat there huddled eating snacks and genuinely having a very good time because we were OUT OF THE HOUSE and talking to non-relatives. Delightful.

I have been for walks of course and happy Canberrans are enjoying more sensible lunchtime picnics with actual sunshine. This is crowded, for a Canberra park. 

My work is having a morale-boosting weekly photo competition. This week was a springtime theme so I entered this photo of the daisies out the front. They are very beautiful (and very tough).

I didn't enter this photo of leaves shooting in front of the lake fountain but I still quite like it. Because of the wind the fountain spray is travelling several hundred metres, which always says spring to me.

When I went to work the other day I curled my hair, put lipstick on and took a selfie (wrinkles, grey hair and all). The excitement!

2 comments: