Tuesday, September 21, 2021

Even more scenery

We are now allowed to picnic with others, so it rained on the weekend and blew up a gale. I went for a very long walk, and saw many intrepid picnickers. 

And even more exercisers. Vaccination rates in Canberra are now at nearly 60% fully vaccinated and over 80% first dose, and there are only a dozen new cases each day, mostly household transmission. So my tolerance of this ongoing lockdown is wearing a bit thin. It is starting to look unnecessary. 

The trees have gone from blossoms to leaves since I last took this walk.

This stand of eucalypts is probably going to be bulldozed for a retirement village. I am quite happy with this development but many of the neighbours are not. To me it seems like an excellent spot for a retirement village, and having so much vacant space in the middle of town is not defensible when old people can't find accommodation. On the other hand, if I had a house backing on to this lovely open space I would be furious, so no judgement. I am a silent observer in our suburb's residents facebook group, and it is both delightful and horrifying. 

And lastly a mummy kangaroo with a joey. How they cram those long legs and all that tail into a pouch I do not know. 

No comments:

Post a Comment