Thursday, September 2, 2021

More working, more walking

 Life meanders along in lockdown land. As expected, the lockdown has been extended for another two weeks, and school won't go back at all until next term in October. Vaccinations are finally speeding up,  they've opened them up to the under 30s and the kids are now booked in for next month. Nobody is about, and the kangaroos have taken over the practice driving range. They do not usually look so relaxed on those slopes!

I'm spending as little time as possible at home because I dislike being in my house. This isn't a new thing, I've never really liked my house, but managed to cover it up by working, shopping, exercising and going to the beach. Sadly only two of those are currently available! I do like my family, and I do like spending time by myself, it's the actual bricks and mortar of my house that I don't like. All the houses I've lived in in Canberra have been demolished after we left, so hopefully this one will be too. Unlikely though, solid bricks and asbestos sheeting, it will outlive the apocalypse. 

Spring blossoms are out and yesterday was definitely the first really warm day. This dark sky was on the weekend - over the Saudi embassy at the end of the street. It is looking very derelict, I don't think anyone has been there for ages... but there is too much pointy fencing and security cameras for me to get too close, just in case.

I am still enjoying the watercolours, thank you for the nice comments! Dad, I am also concerned about the point at which I have to go from clear instructions to self-driven painting ... but I have decided that I don't ever need to reach that point! I can spend the next forty years doing classes, or paint-alongs, or tiktok five minute crafts, or paint-a-orchid challenges: without ever having to develop a 'painters eye' or be stricken by a landscape or whatever it is real painters do. I can literally doodle for the rest of my life; it is very liberating.

2 comments:

  1. How sad not to like your house! I didn't use to like mine particularly - we moved across town for schools to a more expensive area and a less nice house - but I've grown to love it over the years. And I do like all my stuff and all the plants in my garden. I'm amazed by the extensive kangaroo-age.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Goodness, I don't think I have ever seen so many kangaroos in one place in my life. I think all wildlife will find it hard to adjust as we humans evenutally resume normalish lives.

    ReplyDelete