Tuesday, September 14, 2021

I've been out walking

Hopefully you all sang that like Nico - not a cheerful song but a very good walking song! I don't do too much talking, these days.... I'm going alphabetically through my Liked playlist which has 1,222 songs on it. Surprising how many songs start with "never" and "oh". 

On Saturday I took advantage of the new exercise-with-a-friend rules and went for a different walk up round her house, which was just lovely. Beautiful views back to the city and delightful to catch up with someone for a change!

On Sunday number two son took me on his favourite walk when he roams the hills behind our house - I hadn't been on this particular hill before and also hadn't realised that he ignores the paths and goes cross country! What could possibly go wrong. We had to jump a few streams because of all the rain, and scramble up a few rocky slopes, but he said it was worth it to get to the quarry ... and then we reach the gap in the fence where he goes through and they had repaired it! How rude, stopping us illegally going into the quarry. But below is the stormwater management system, which I hadn't seen before. Lots of frogs.

So on some levels not a successful walk, but on others highly successful - I got puffed, saw something different and had a good chat with number two son when breathing permitted. He is applying for universities at the moment, and student accommodation, and it is all very exciting.

And this is just the fire trail on my stroll yesterday. A few people out and about but not many. Today we hear if lockdown will be extended (nobody seriously thinks it won't be) and so on we go.

No comments:

Post a Comment