Thursday, September 9, 2021

Finished a shirt

Over a year ago I made this shirt when I was at the beach, but didn't have time to do the buttons and buttonholes, so brought it back home. Where it sat, on a hanger, behind the door, untouched and vaguely reproachful. This is why I don't bring stuff back home! Hobbies belong in their proper postcode. 

So when I had my machine out to do the masks, I behaved like a grown up and finished the buttons and buttonholes of this spotty shirt. I even had to read the sewing machine manual, but it was very easy and makes a lovely buttonhole. And the whole thing took about ten minutes, I don't know why I didn't do it months ago.

I am trying to find the perfect plain shirt pattern and this is one of the contenders. It has bust darts, but no back yoke pleat which I like. I didn't do a collar for this version but it has quite a nice collar in the pattern so I'll give it another go. This fabric is a very strange microfibre - I like the 80s animal print vibe but it is very synthetic. God knows why I bought it (or even if I did, it was in the drawer, could be from anywhere).

As ever, terrible photos of myself in the mirror. Other than that life goes on .... lockdown continues ... the rain has stopped .... both Pam and Dad are now making bad jokes in my comments ....

No comments:

Post a Comment