Monday, September 9, 2013

Snowy River

Here is another finish - after many months of hand quilting - my liberated medallion. It's not liberated in the sense of wonky, just in the sense of unplanned, sewed border by border, using whatever fabrics I had available, and happy with the use of coping strips and chopped off triangles. I made it straight after I got Gwen Marston's Liberated Medallions, which is such an awesome book. It's almost impossible to open it up and not want to go and make something!



Hand-quilted in my usual fashion. I don't think my stitches are getting any smaller or more even. A lady at quilters asked me, very politely, if I was basting it for quilting ... I said no, believe it or not these are my actual quilting stitches. And so the conversation ended - hard to know what to say next really. I am pleased with the hand quilting though - despite the dodgy quality - because it has a lovely drape and softness now, that suits it. A bit old-fashioned.



As usual, number two son asked me what the name was and I said "I don't know, what do you think it should be called?" expecting the usual completely horrific response ... and he looked at it and said "Snowy River". And I thought - heavens! That is quite a good name. Well done small boy.

1 comment:

  1. very pretty! i like the colors. and your quilting stitches look just fine to me.

    ReplyDelete