Monday, August 8, 2011

Cake not sewing

Because it was my birthday, so we went out for brunch, and had cake, and presents. Nothing too terribly exciting but just right for me!


Can you tell the cake was made by me and the boys, and not a cake-making professional? Number one son and I made the meringues (we took turns at the piping, with mixed results), the whole family made the cake, and number two son was in charge of the icing, with help from me. I thought chocolate icing would be better on a chocolate cake, but he was insistent that pink would work better with the colour scheme we already had going with the meringues. He may be right.

The ribbon was entirely my idea.

1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful cake, and so lovely that you all made it together. Happy birthday Lynley.

    ReplyDelete