Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Little pink pig

Pretty much all I've been doing this week is the liberated amish quilt along. I've been having so much fun with it - just whacking stuff together and seeing what looks good; without worrying about what I'm going to use it for (hah!) and whether I have time to do it at all!


I'm quite pleased with the end result, although I'm not spectacularly comfortable using letters on quilts. I don't know why - I love how they look, and I love making them - but there is something about words that make it "unquilty" to me. Isn't that silly? I will do more letters and words. Perhaps it's just the unfamiliarity that is problematic.




So here's my little pink pig quilt. I love the colour combination, which is surprising, because I would not have expected pink and turquoise to agree.

The rest of my time has been spent with dyeing ... the ones in their bags washed out terribly. A couple were so bad I'm going to have to overdye them. For some reason I cannot make a nice rich brown - all the yellow washes away and I'm left with a very muddy purple. So I'm overdyeing those with more yellow in the hope it will stick. OK - off to Spotlight for more white cloth!!! I LOVE my Wednesdays off.

1 comment:

  1. Little Pink Pig is wonderful. there are quite a few antique quilts with letters on the top, lots of time initials or even the full name and the year. just a different method for doing it now, rather than applique.

    ReplyDelete