Wednesday, January 31, 2024

Last of the Ian Fennelly

 This is the final sketch from the excellent Ian Fennelly course. I decided to be a bit less wonky and wild, because that seems to be more comfortable for me, so the walls are a teeny bit straighter here. And the colours are slightly more within the lines.

I thought this course was great - I learned a lot about perspective and how to use the various types of pens - and how much you can get away with in terms of not-strictly-accurate to get the effect that you want. Very helpful.

This is another from-life dodgy small town building - peculiar 1980s Memorial Hall. Hopefully I captured the strange brickwork and peculiar statue thing (it's not me, it's the building!). 

2 comments:

  1. You have that brickwork sussed but might be 60s or 70s. Must have added on to or replaced an earlier building, methinks.

    ReplyDelete