Friday, January 12, 2024

2023 reading

 I'm still recording what I read into the Goodreads app - when I remember that is - I think only about two thirds make it on. But that's OK, it gives me a better idea than I used to have, which was absolutely none! Twice in the past year I went to add a book and discovered I'd already read it, which is embarrassing, because I had totally happily read it all over again without realising. Anyway here is the 2023 list:

The Supernatural Enhancements

Cantero, Edgar

Nona the Ninth: 3

Muir, Tamsyn

The Book of Form and Emptiness

Ozeki, Ruth

Station Eternity (The Midsolar Murders, #1)

Lafferty, Mur

Her Majesty's Royal Coven (Her Majesty's Royal Coven, #1)

Dawson, Juno

Happy-Go-Lucky

Sedaris, David

The Space Between Worlds (The Space Between Worlds #1)

Johnson, Micaiah

A Few Days in the Country and Other Stories

Harrower, Elizabeth

Terry Pratchett: A Life With Footnotes: The Official Biography

Wilkins, Rob

Love All

Howard, Elizabeth Jane

Less Is Lost (Arthur Less, #2)

Greer, Andrew Sean

The Art of Memoir

Karr, Mary

A Devon Night's Death: The gripping cosy crime series (Devon Mysteries, 5)

Austin, Stephanie

Beyond the Burn Line

McAuley, Paul

Nobody Gets Out Alive: Stories

Newman, Leigh

Now Go Out There:

Karr, Mary

Remainders of the Day: More Diaries from The Bookshop, Wigtown (The Diary of a Bookseller, #3)

Bythell, Shaun

Mr. Breakfast

Carroll, Jonathan

Now Is Not the Time to Panic

Wilson, Kevin

Tomorrow, and Tomorrow, and Tomorrow

Zevin, Gabrielle

A Little Life

Yanagihara, Hanya

Star Bringer

Wolff, Tracy

Everyone and Everything

Cohen, Nadine J.

From Bad to Cursed (The Witches of Thistle Grove, #2)

Harper, Lana

The Hundred Loves of Juliet

Skye, Evelyn

Beeswax and Tall Tales

Crowley, Jane

A Bird in Winter

Doughty, Louise

Terciel and Elinor (The Old Kingdom, #6)

Nix, Garth

The It Girl

Ware, Ruth

Fractal Noise (Fractalverse, #0.5)

Paolini, Christopher

The Sinister Booksellers of Bath (Left-Handed Booksellers of London, #2)

Nix, Garth

White Is for Witching

Oyeyemi, Helen

Mickey 7

Ashton, Edward

There are a lot of light reads in there - cosy murder mysteries, modern witches and non-challenging science fiction. Most of them I can't remember much about at all. If I had to pick my top two from the list it would be A Little Life - I cried. I don't cry when I read, but I cried at this one. Amazing - and Tomorrow, and Tomorrow, and Tomorrow - this was great, I wished it was twice as long. I also loved the latest from Tamsyn Muir - should be another one due soon, which I am very much looking forward to. David Sedaris is always great, and the biography of Terry Pratchett was very good too.


1 comment:

  1. How interesting. I have heard of very few of these.

    ReplyDelete