Friday, January 19, 2024

One good beach day

I had an extended weekend down the coast as part of my piecemeal summer holiday - husband and cat came down Friday night - and Saturday was an actual proper nice beach day. With sunshine, good waves and clear skies. It was just the one day though, the mizzling and 19 degrees was back on Sunday, and Monday evening when I drove home it was 13 degrees coming through Braidwood! What the hell. So one day we ignored the beach and drove around looking for interesting buildings for me to try and draw. 

Here is my rendition of the church of St John the Evangelist. Below is the original photo - I couldn't figure out why there were so many cars in the carpark but it was Sunday which is, apparently, a thing with churches. I shouldn't be surprised.

It's a fairly rudimentary sketch and not exactly accurate, but quite satisfying to get it from photo to paper. And this is what the beach looked like most of the time. Atmospheric but not at all what I wanted.

1 comment:

  1. Again, I reel in stunned admiration at your painting of the church. Really. It's great.

    ReplyDelete