Monday, January 22, 2024

Distraction painting

It probably doesn't seem like there is much intellectual challenge involved in dodgy paintings of ordinary buildings ... but for me there is. You have to think about what to include, and where to put the lines, and sometimes I just don't feel up for it. So I spent a fair amount of time over the break making distraction paintings.

Number two bought me some lovely metallic watercolour paints for my birthday that I have been so happy experimenting with. It really gives some interest to the backgrounds.

And my husband bought me a sketching fountain pen for christmas - you need permanent/waterfast ink for this so I got a  TWSBI Swipe pen that sucks up the ink into a little barrel. It's lovely to draw with and fountain pens give a bit more variation in line than fine-liners.

So I had quite a bit of fun doing all of these - very contemplative and enjoyable.

They are all A3 size, I have put them in a drawer, what are you meant to do with all these random pictures? At least they store easier than quilts.

There were heaps more than this but I think you get the idea.

1 comment:

  1. They're beautiful. Very contemplative just to look at. How clever you are.

    ReplyDelete