Friday, September 30, 2022

Whimsical things

Still painting along with Diane, stranger things now, blobs of watercolour and pen lines. She says you can make bookmarks and greeting cards, which I don't want to do, so now I have paintings of strange sheep.


Cats on a branch. The pen lines aren't meant to be the same as the paint lines, it's intentional. And artistic. The sheep are on the cheaper (but still 100% cotton) paper that I don't really like, it's too slippery. I found that Officeworks has 100% cotton paper in its house brand which is also cheap (well, cheaper than Arches, so not cheap at all) and better than the slippery paper. I quite like trialling paper but there's a wild variation in quality, even with the same ingredients. 


Cats covered in mystical symbols. This is why I'm buying more marker pens, including gold ones and white ones. 


Blobby birds. Diane does a lot of birds, and she's very good at them, but I haven't quite got the shape and the shade right. There are places on birds that are meant to be darker than others and I'm not exactly nailing it. But they look like birds, and not giraffes, so we're halfway there. 



2 comments:

  1. These are so cool. I love the sheep especially.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I particularly like the cats with symbols. But I like them all. Pam

    ReplyDelete