Tuesday, September 27, 2022

Diane Antone

So I have found a watercolour artist who does Youtube videos and has a website, and does almost daily painting demonstrations that you can paint along with .. and she is really resonating with me! The emphasis is on loose things that are fun to do. I like that. She is clearly talented and very experienced, and I am finding the approach and attitude extremely refreshing. Not to mention the dogs, chickens, cats and sheep that occasionally wander into the videos.

This was the first one I did, when I was dissatisfied with some flowers, so did about five Youtube videos in a row of different ways of painting watercolour flowers. Most of them were not so great, but I did love this, it appeals to me. 

Next we did a dragonfly. Diane likes to use mixed media, which I also like :) A bit of pencil or marker pen or watercolour pencil can pep things up no end. And put some splatter over it all, why not.

And some not-found-in-nature birds. 

Another vase of flowers. None of these are particularly good but I feel like they are using all the potential of watercolour, in a way that I hadn't been lately. I spend about an hour and a half doing one of these paintings and it makes me happy! 

3 comments:

  1. Those are just lovely and really highlight the dreamy qualities of watercolour. They ought to have frames and places to put them (hint, hint).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these especially the birds! Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are lovely! Pam

    ReplyDelete