Monday, September 12, 2022

A bit of a shambles

The seminar I was organising on Friday turned into a bit of chaos after the queen died - lots of formal parliamentary things happening and just general distraction. Which I suppose is normal, it doesn't happen very often, but made for a stressful day. But what can you do. The sittings this week have been cancelled so I'm contemplating a bit of extra free time and trying to make sure I make the most of it! Perhaps I can go through that mess of papers that's been building up on my desk (I am a Very Untidy Worker).


The weekend was quiet, which was needed after the week. The cat discovered that the sun comes across the bed in the late afternoon, which she rather liked. I did a nice long walk, with an accidental 21 gun salute as I was walking past. Yay hail to me. I didn't go out front for the 96 gun salute on Friday at dusk (frankly after about ten guns all you're seeing is a cloud of smoke) but I did get caught up in the traffic as I tried to leave for home. Definitely a Wine Friday. 

And then I had a Shopping Saturday which was equally delightful. New walking shoes as I had literally worn a hole in the soles of the other ones, new leggings for the same reason (not a hole, just sad elastic), a couple of fluffy jumpers and lots of unnecessary paint pens / paper / watercolour pencils because why not. Art supplies are a very slippery slope.

1 comment:

  1. Sorry about your still having the Queen, or now the King. It does indeed seem fairly daft, your being on the other side of the world from us. But it does add a bit of continuity to things, here at least. She saw 15 Prime Ministers!

    ReplyDelete