Tuesday, September 20, 2022

Paddling in water

Much more satisfying to dip your toes into water than try and capture it in Winsor & Newton Prussian Blue. Although I think the creek would need quite a lot of Aureolin and possibly some Cobalt. Isn't it lovely? And the sand was very white on the weekend.


My husband came down with me which was an unusual bonus - I didn't sew but read a book, ate ice cream and watched the footy finals. An absolute one point nail biter for one of the AFL semi finals but the NRL was a washout for the Canberra team. I pay absolutely no attention to any football during the season but I can happily watch a final if there is alcohol and nothing else to do. 


Sunday was a big warm windy sky. Rain on the way, which hit by the time we got home. Slightly too much wind for swimming, but I possibly could have, if I dodged between the fisherfolk. No, they weren't catching anything. It was the middle of the afternoon and there's not that much of a gutter. 


We walked back around to the old house where we used to rent before we bought our place - they've put on a new roof, a deck at the front and re-painted it, which is a bit shocking after twenty years of complete neglect! But it doesn't look they re-stumped, so still a bouncy floor and a suspicious soft spot near the bathroom. Good times.

No comments:

Post a Comment