Monday, October 25, 2021

Escape, at last

After what seemed like much longer than nine weeks, I finally busted out of landlocked Canberra and made it to the beach!!! Such happiness. The weather forecast for Saturday and Sunday was appalling (storms and rain) so I took the day off work on Friday to make sure I had at least one sunny day, and went down Friday morning. In the end the whole weekend was glorious, and the extra day was just a completely undeserved treat.

It was very busy for a weekend in October, with lots of Canberra number-plates and lots of long shaggy lawns getting mown. I didn't go anywhere or do anything other than two wonderful swims (cold! but decent waves), a bit of sewing, a lot of reading, and just plain old sitting. I did fix the dishwasher, it gets cranky if it's left alone for too long.  It was such a treat not to be woken at 7 am by construction, and to walk by the sea, and be entirely alone, and have toast for dinner. I am already planning the next escape.... 

2 comments:

  1. Ah, toast for dinner! How lovely not to have to think.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks wonderful. Soooo jealous

    ReplyDelete