Tuesday, October 12, 2021

A bushwalk

We went back down into the national park on the weekend - fully prepared this time - and did a lovely four hour walk. The first bit was up to the lookout and was reasonably busy; but then we went on the longer loop with not a soul to be seen. It was fabulous ... a few hills but not too bad, and a decent trail. 

The weather was lovely, sunny but still cool and there were even some streams running thanks to the recent rain. Water on the landscape is rare and unusual around here. Yes, my husband does walks in jeans. He is much tougher than me (I would chafe).

He also saw a mountain dragon which he was very excited about. It was about four cm long and I couldn't see it for AGES because the camouflage is so good. 

Last week I also did the double-basin lake walk which is about 15 km - I'd done the basins separately hundreds of times but never together, it's a nice flat stroll.

Floriade is cancelled again but they have troughs of tulips sprinkled around to make us feel better. I am still cranky because I can't go to the coast yet. Apparently 98% of Canberrans over 12 have had at least one dose of vaccine, at this stage we are more likely to die by meteor strike. Or lack of beach time, I feel that could kill you. Parliament's back next week so I couldn't take any time off anyway, but I feel like I should be able to...

This is the path back of dairy flat road. It is  so very unusually green! Long may it last.

1 comment:

  1. Looks like lovely walking. I feel your frustration...

    ReplyDelete