Thursday, October 28, 2021

A watercolour workshop

The watercolour tutor - Jenny - also does pre-recorded workshops where she slowly paints something, explaining what she's doing, and you paint along. Not the full learning experience of the classes but still good, and in the interests of getting my brush miles up I did the easy beginner workshop of four strange little paintings. Strange because of my painting, not because of her design, hers are quite lovely. We did a starfish, which is when I discovered that my masking fluid was a bit old and lumpy.

We did a field of flowers, perhaps poppies? Perhaps not.

A city scene, which I quite like, although that very blurry foreground is not exactly what was expected. But I'm going to roll with it, because it might be fog, or atmospheric mist.

And some little cacti in pots. They were fun. I struggle most with anything where the paints have to blend, mine are completely out of control and do whatever the hell they want. Which is the point, but is also very frustrating.

Other than that, it has been a busy week with parliament sitting, uni assignments due, final school exams next week and gradual back to the office for my husband. Which he is very happy about, although work clothes and traffic are a bit of a shock. Number one had the second dose of vaccine on Monday, so was knocked about for a couple of days (didn't help with the assignments!) but it is good that the household is finally fully vaxxed. Number two has a job in a shop lined up for December (no idea about shifts or anything, but retail is always a bit of a lottery) which he is looking forward to. I personally am looking forward to more beach time! Bring on January.

2 comments:

  1. Loving the paintings, I think they are fabulous. What kind of retail is Number 2 going to work in?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think they're most impressive too. Hmm, not that keen on January here...

    ReplyDelete